We are SOOO excited that Senior Week is finally here! We will be featuring some upcoming Seniors this week as they are getting ready to enter into their graduating year. Julia is a 2020 Graduating Senior. She is so natural in front of the camera and a joy to photograph!
Julia told us what she is looking forward to during her senior year:
“I cant wait for all the best times, my senior trip, my last prom, and my first and last pep rally! Although it is sad and I know this chapter of my life is coming to an end, it is about all the fun times you get to have with your class, and I can’t wait for those memorable moments!!”
When it comes to senior portraits, two key elements – hair / makeup and what to wear can make or break your shoot. (We will get to the what to wear later this week.)
I always encourage my senior girls to get their hair and makeup done professionally, if possible. Why, you might ask?
Professionals know how exactly how to apply makeup for portraits. They have a wide variety of high quality make up in a multiple shades and can easily match your skin tone for a natural look. A professional can also highlight and contour your face leaving you feeling beautiful and confident. And believe me… that will make you absolutely glow for your session!
If have professional makeup is out of the question, here’s a few tips to help:
• Matte makeup photographs best, so avoid sparkly or shimmery choices.
• Mascara is a must. Apply 2 coats, but make sure it stays clean and not clumpy
• Go slightly darker than normal for your eyes and lip makeup so the camera will pick up the definition of your eyes
• Don’t go overboard with heavy layers of makeup. You never want it to be cakey.
• Don’t go too heavy with the eye liner and be sure to blend well.
• Choose darker shades of eye shadow – pastels look washed out.
• Make sure you wear lipstick or colored lip gloss. If you don’t normally wear any, pick a shade near your lip color for a very natural look.
• Have your hair trimmed or color touched up about two weeks before the session but don’t go try a new hairstyle. (trust me… I did this once before an important event when I was in high school and cried for weeks)
• Natural hair is best. If your hair tends to frizz be sure to use plenty of anti frizz products because you will be outside for a while.
• Use hairspray, even if you normally don’t. But don’t go too heavy with it. You don’t want hair that looks plastered to your head.
In honor of Make-up Monday, one lucky high school student will win a Young Living Maven Lip Gloss this week! I love all of Young Living’s skincare and makeup line because they are free of harmful chemicals. And this is a personal favorite color – just the right amount of color without being over the top!
So about those giveaways this week…we have some fabulous prizes in store for you! Don’t worry guys… there’s plenty of prizes for you as well!
Young Living Lip Gloss (value $27.50)
Gift Certificate to The Closet Boutique – $20
Axtion Air Gift Card – $25
Bird and Bean Gift Card -$20
Gift Card to Eagle Eye – $50
WHAT?!! It’s craziness Right?!
Make sure to fill out this form to enter to win.. Remember… ANY HIGH SCHOOL student can enter – not just upcoming Seniors!
We have opened up booking for all June, July and August senior Sessions. If you book your session during Senior Week you get $100 off any senior session!